So one of the most common problems I’m running into is file management for my projects.
My solution is to build a Yii2 File Manager. This will be an open source project hosted on GitHub @ https://github.com/linchpinstudios/yii2-filemanager
There are several problems I’m looking to overcome.
- Universal File Management
- Allow files to be managed for your entire website in one place
- Simple implementation of file upload
- Central location for files to be stored
- Cloud based storage
- Enable CDN storage on Amazon S3
- Allow for files to be added over multiple means then scanned
- SEO friendly information
- Store and Pull file information from database to allow for site-wide updates.
- Widget for adding images that formats for best SEO practices.
- WYSIWYG integration.
- Integrate into multiple text editors for simple addition of images
This is the start of the filesystem… I’m sure the scope of the project will extend as it grows.